1.14.2013

Hello again...


I broke our bathroom sink basin last week (ahem...again), so PRH, the kiddos and I set out to find a new one this weekend. We ended up stopping at a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store in North Corning where I found this interesting little house for $5. I love small, handmade buildings and was thrilled to find it. Thankfully, aside from breaking sinks, things at home have been quiet. The kiddos have been playing in the snow with Show Dog...


and set up camp with a cardboard house in our dining room...


My new job has been busy, but I'm in love with it. It really feels like a perfect fit. I've been thinking more than usual (!!!) and, as is my usual habit, have had some trouble sleeping (hence the 6 AM post). I think that just comes with new job territory though, right? Actually, almost every other position I've had has made me feel nauseous for several months until normalcy seemed to sink in. Thankfully, that's not to case with this job.   

When minor head-clearing is needed, I go for a long walk around downtown Owego. This is the Tioga County courthouse, which is right next to the Arts Council. I've been re-organizing the Arts Council files and came across a folder of images of Owego from the early 1960's, including some photos of a beautification project at the courthouse. Ah-mazing! I'll share them soon.     


This week is going to be really fun! Artist Jim DeLucia's reception is this coming Friday night at the Arts Council from 5-8 PM (of course, you're all invited!). Then, on Sunday afternoon at 3 PM, Irish folk musician Pat Kane will be performing (again, you're invited!). Hope to see you!  

4 comments:

Lee said...

The job sounds great! And I love the little houses (both model and play). But, erm, how do you break a sink? twice?

Mike Claudia said...

That little house for 5 dollars is a great find! I do suggest that, if you like the look, check out reclaimed barn wood for awesome and cheap material for DIY projects that create a rustic and cozy feel. I have used it on my own shed and my wife uses it for fun wall crafts in our house.

agnes szucs said...

oh, i love maquettes! what a great score!

agnes
:)

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I dropped our soap dispenser in the sink basin and each sink (porcelain) has shattered. You'd think I would've learned my lesson the first time...no more heavy soap dispenser. :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...