1.03.2013

Great minds...


A funny thing happened on Christmas morning this year- PRH and I exchanged gifts...and basically gave each other the same gift. He made a painting of our house (top painting) and I bought a painting of a farmhouse by super talented artist, Amy Greenan (bottom painting). PRH and I had a good laugh on Christmas morning. 

As for Amy Greenan, I've wanted to meet her for several years- we have a lot of mutual friends and went to the same college, but always seemed to miss each other. We finally had the opportunity to meet at second storie and instantly clicked. She's fabulous! I fell in love with her painting that day and couldn't resist picking it up for PRH (OK...and maybe for me, too). It reminded me so much of our house. Now the two paintings are hanging on our horribly textured walls. I think we've started a new collection, and I have a fabulous new friend!       


16 comments:

lisa. said...

haha its true love <3

lisa. said...

so cute!

Julie Wasson said...

lol, they look great together. Last year my mom and sister and I made each other gifts...Mom made trivets out of wood slabs, sister made quilted coasters/hotpads, I made tile coasters with stamped images on them! Good thing we all drink a lot of tea!

1914house said...

Haha! That's funny. Great minds indeed. My husband and I were out separately shopping for each other (he had the kid with him), and we ended up at the same store. I just laughed and told him see you at home!

Duda said...

Hi! :)

Wow this is really nice! This happened with me and my boyfriend :) we met each other five years "after" :)

I loved the paints! :D

Miranda said...

BOTH paintings are lovely, and lovlier still is that you and your husband were of like mind when it came to knowing what would make each of you happy!

I long to have a painting of my own house (also an old white farmhouse)... maybe 2013 will be the year. You've inspired me!

And it would be really cool to have multiple paintings by different artists in different styles... you're well on your way!

Happy New Year.

Jessica said...

That is awesome! And his painting is lovely!

curlygirlpress said...

My husband and I were also on the same wavelength - he made the best calendar with pictures of our baby, and I made books for our parents with pictures of baby. So fun. Congrats on the new job!

Shelley said...

My husband and I bought the same gift for each other a few years ago and presented each other with the same Roberts radio !

vervlogen dagen said...

What a lovely coincidence. And beautiful paintings

Carmen said...

I love this story

Paintings said...

Just found your blog and hope to see more great stuff from you this year!

Anna said...

what a great little love story :) you 2 are cute!

Sarah said...

Meant for each other!

sar=)

www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

Mike Claudia said...

Your house is awesome, the perfect outdoor barn house. Who knew it could be represented in so many artistic ways?

limestone columns said...

Oh, that is why they tell that "Great minds think alike"!
~ Herman Swan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...