1.23.2013

A huge mess...


A few more photos of our mess because this is real life, peeps. Plus, who doesn't want to see a big old mess on somebody's blog? The photo above pretty much sums it up...my empty glass of wine and our beat up Mac, sitting on our book-covered dining room table. The photo below: our chair with a dog toy stuffed under the leg and more piles of books.


My desk in our dining room with- you guessed it- more books. And a Scooby Doo game. 


Here's what makes the mess kind of worth it, though. Our stairs don't look like this anymore.

DIY renovation
They still need work, but now they look like this. 


and this room... 

DIY renovation
looks like this today...


My task for tonight is to CLEAN. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

the domestic fringe said...

Wow. You've inspired me to paint my stair treads black. I have the ugliest staircase in the northeast and it's been ugly for about four years.

*hangs head in shame*

I am painting it ASAP. Nice job and best wishes as you continue to get all projects done in your home.

~FringeGirl

tiffany said...

Abby! I have stairs I need to do that exact thing to. Can you give me a quick outline of your process?

wandering said...

I cant wait to see what gets propped above the fireplace and if all those books find a new home in that freshly painted room. I also love how the perfectly imperfect floors pop off the surrounding bright white. Job well done! Good luck with the cleaning tonight!

amy h said...

You've made some great changes to the space -- it looks good!

And it isn't THAT messy. :)

chiara said...

looks so good so far! can't wait to see it too!

ladaisi said...

You've made some beautiful improvements! And the mess makes you human, like the rest of us ;)

Ladaisi Blog
Ladaisi Etsy

The Belvedere- Alyssa said...

Looks so great! I didn't realize you guys were such big readers! I've beening seeing some very pretty book-storage solutions lately. My favorite was a hallway they lined with book selves- the whole thing was filled all the way down (from about waist to the ground, so it wasn't too overwhelming to the eye).

Julia at Home on 129 Acres said...

It sounds like there's lots of candidates for DIY Diva's staircase challenge--although I think you win! The little room looks amazing too. What a difference clean white paint makes!

Sarah said...

yay! It's looking good!

Sarah=)

www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

Rebecca said...

Mess? What mess? Books are never considered clutter in my mind. I love your creativity and style...so sophisticated.

Amberly said...

Oh my that white is so beautiful! What a transformation! Can't wait to see more pics. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...