12.31.2012

A fresh start...


This past month has been one big, exhilarating whirlwind. I've been so quiet lately because I started a new job in mid-December. I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that I've accepted a position as the Executive Director of Tioga County Council on the Arts. Many of you know that I grew up, and now live, in a picturesque little town on the Susquehanna River- Owego, New York. PRH and I moved back to this area several years ago, purchased and started renovating an abandoned farm, and, with this position, have finally gotten to the point where everything seems to fit. I'm really (really!) happy, my friends. There are moments in your life when everything just feels right...this is one of those moments.

Some kids wanted to be firefighters or ballerinas or chefs when they grew up...I wanted to be the director of the Arts Council (they organized- and continue to organize- all of the events that I loved as a child). And guess what?! It actually happened!!! Can you believe that?! It's going to be awesome. More than anything, I'm excited to have the opportunity to make a difference in my beautiful, creative hometown. I love Owego! TCCA's first exhibition in 2013 is a solo exhibition of paintings by my super talented friend, Jim DeLucia. You won't want to miss it (more info coming soon).

Wish me luck! Oh, and please 'like' TCCA on Facebook, follow along on Twitter, stop into the gallery and say hello, and stay tuned! I'm thrilled. Woooo hoooooo!!!

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Congratulations, Abbey! They are lucky to have you!

Danavee said...

Congrats! I found myself smiling as I read your great news!!!

Julie Wasson said...

congrats! so exciting. good luck

Laura said...

Congratulations!
I hope you & your family are enjoying the holidays. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Abby! What an awesome milestone! Hey I think one of your first jobs is to develop a website
for TCAA. I am not a facebook user and nothing feels more like a cold shoulder to get linked to a facebook page when you do not, and choose not, to have a fb account. I am not alone in this feeling.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm really thrilled. Anonymous, I completely understand. TCCA does indeed have a website (I linked to it in my post). Here's a direct link: http://www.tiogaartscouncil.org/tcca/
Thanks again!
Best,
Abbey

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

Wow! What a great way to start the new years for you and your family! Congrats! What an absolute joy to start every day and look forward to going into work. You'll be so great!

jodi ink said...

How exciting!! I am so happy for you! I hope 2013 is full of love and joy and lots of good things for you and your family. :)

Tamara Murphy said...

Congratulations, Abbey! I've walked into that Tioga County Council of the Arts office many times and hoped it for it to grow and thrive. Although I don't know you personally, I know a bit about you from following your blog -- you are a beautiful fit for this position. Go, Abbey! Thanks also for the online links. Now that we live in Austin it's wonderful to have online options to stay connected to "home". May God bless your work!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a fabulous opportunity for you - I'm sure it's a sign of a great year to come.

kristin said...

Aw Abbey, Congratulations! Pretty cool to have your wildest dreams come true. Cheers!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news! That town is lucky to have you... I follow your blog with interest as my grandparents were from Greene, I was raised in Binghamton, and I raised my family (mostly) in Ithaca. I am now living is Western Mass for a little while and I do miss New York! And I LOVE Owego. It is such a beautiful town. Do great things Abbey!

nicole lecht said...

hey girl, this is sooo awesome! I'm sooo happy that you made your dream come true, you deserve every part of it. One day I will come there to see you!!!

Karyn said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Sarah said...

Glad everything is going great!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, sounds like a dream. I found you from some pre-release in Australia, hype, about your new book. Looks fantastic, love Posie

Design Scouting said...

That is so wonderful! I loved your story about this being the job you've always wanted -- that is beautiful!

xo, Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...