11.12.2012

Teary-eyed and thankful...


I feel completely overwhelmed and moved by the support for my book, You Are Awesome: 21 Crafts to Make You Happy. The photo above is from this day- the morning I saw my book in person for the first time. Months later, this is still how I feel! The experience of making something and putting it out into the world can be intimidating and sort of nerve wracking. The fact that people are actually purchasing copies of You Are Awesome and are sending sweet emails and writing reviews? THAT feels awesome. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU all so very much!

I'll be signing books at second storie indie market in Rochester, NY on November 24th. I hope to see some of you there! I am also forever indebted to these lovely sites for their thoughtful, generous reviews of You Are Awesome (my apologies if I've missed anyone- please let me know):
You Are Awesome is available at the following retailers (again, if I've forgotten anyone, please let me know):
If you're a retailer interested in carrying my book (thank you!), please contact D.A.P.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

The Eric Carle Museum Bookshop proudly sells it too!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, Eliza! You are definitely on the list! xoxo

Anonymous said...

hi there,

I just viewed your amazing dining room on ABM. So, so incredibly wonderful! I have heard so many wonderful things about your book. I will look for it the next time I am in my B+N, for sure!

happy Monday to you!

The Belvedere- Alyssa said...

Look at you, getting reviews, crying, and livin' the crafter/blogger dream! Congrats again lady- its such an accomplishment!

dervla @ The Curator said...

It is such a special feeling to hold the book in your hands, i see it from the other end as an editor, and i still never lose that sense of excitement when i see a book i've worked on change from sets of layouts to a printed book. I can only imagine that it's 10 times more exciting when you're the author! I'm loving my copy of your book!

Kolein said...

How exciting! I hope to meet you on the 24th! I've been remiss in my "blogging life" due to home school and such. Just catching up!

All my best to you!

Pysselbolaget said...

I bought your book last week and it is fantastic! I'm very inspired! My daughter and I have a blog about easy crafts for kids and their parents. Hope you have time to check us out!

Love from Sweden
Karin/Pysselbolaget.se

Manda Ess said...

Im totally glad I stumbled on your blog this morning! Hmm..how did I get here? Decor Hacks, suggestion,linky, some stuff? and bein a lil extra curious..my memory isnt serving me too well. I was prob just super nosey for all good measure! And how awesome! I love to hear a new artist/crafter has a new book on the shelves I can read! Thats major! High five!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...