8.31.2012

This weekend...


Last week before classes started, PRH, the kiddos, and I spent an entire day roaming around town. We stopped at our local thrift store and I spotted this seemingly plain white crate. Imagine my delight when I opened it and found this...


I could also make out faint, painted-over text on the front. PRH is an avid booze-maker (for lack of a better word)- he makes wine, cider, and beer- so I knew he'd love it. The crate didn't have a price tag, which usually means you won't be able to take it home that day (a thrift store policy that I understand, but that really irritates me). I tried to play it cool and dragged one of the guys over to ask the price. $3! What what?! I'll take it.  


Almost as soon as we got home, I started to strip the front. Joseph Laurer Brewing Co. Binghamton NY. Love it (and so does PRH). My goal for the weekend is to finish the job. I hope you all have a happy, lovely weekend. I'm taking a mini vacation and will see you again on Tuesday. Oh, and thank you for all of your sweet comments on this post. You're the best!    

4 comments:

my little red suitcase said...

Hello love the box, great find! I'm not quite sure how I found myself here, but I have enjoyed looking around your blog and will be back to see more. Good luck with back to work, Heather

Seth said...

What an amazing find. And a great eye to find it.

chiara said...

score!!!

Becky said...

awesome. score.
so. jealous.
You are the queen of thrifting! What's your secret!?!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...