8.24.2012

This weekend...


I found this figurine at our local thrift store last week- it's not something I'd usually purchase or even find appealing, but I couldn't resist the color palette or that face. The print is by Betsy Walton- I adore her work and would prefer to sit all day today staring at it. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed this morning. Mostly because today, after a four-year hiatus, I start teaching again. Don't get me wrong...I love students and I'm really thrilled to have this opportunity and I probably should get out of the house more often. The logistics of having a non-freelance position is what's making me really anxious. That, and the fact that Kicky hasn't ever gone to daycare and EZ E starts kindergarten next week! How is my life clicking by so fast?! How is it possible that our kids are already 2 and 5?! I'm not expecting anyone to respond to my rhetorical questions- I just know that some of you out there are feeling the same way. And there's strength in numbers, right? Here's what I'd like to do: let's rewind to last Sunday morning when our friends sat in our yard with sunshine on their shoulders. Let's just keep life suspended on that one day forever; a day where our babes are still 2 and 5 and they're playing in a tree; and the coffee tastes really, really good because the red wine went down so easily the night before; and the conversation is smart, funny, and engaging; and interesting books are being talked about and passed around the table. Let's all have a happy weekend, okay?

4 comments:

Sarah @ circle and sprout said...

Good luck going back to work Abbey! I too would like to keep my son suspended at this age (3.5) also :)

Paulette said...

Can't wait to hear about your first day lovely!

kristin said...

Alright Abbey you made me a little teary with this one. I agree. My little gal is 4, heading to pre-K, and I'm a ball of emotion about it. This summer has been so nice but has sped by! Sigh.

Maria Baker said...

My oldest little turns 4 on Sept 24 and starts pre-K Sept 6. I'm so sad that this time of innocence in her life is coming to a close. I mean, she'll still be innocent, but now she'll have peers and they'll likely mean she has to toughen up a bit (welcome to the real world et all.) I was just hoping to hold out on all that real world crap for as long as possible for her! I already know I won't be able to be with her when she gets dropped off because I'm going to bawl like a madwoman and I don't want to scare her. Good grief.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...