8.23.2012

3-year-plan...


Let's talk about our barn today. Oh my...the barn. Honestly, I have to post these photos periodically simply to remind myself that we've made some progress in the past year. We're slowly but surely working towards this. In the back of my mind, we're on a 3-year-plan for the barn, but even that may be a little unrealistic...unless, of course, some metal roofing company wants to sponsor our roof and some paint company- I'm looking at you, Valspar- wants to supply oodles of Forest Canopy. I'm not proud...I'll take your metal roofing materials and your beautiful paint...and then I'll also kiss you. I digress.

The photo above is the potting shed this morning and below is the potting shed one year ago. We need to replace those windows and finish the trim, but it's getting there, right?


The barn and shed this morning...


The barn and shed one year ago...


this morning...


last year...


Next up? The barn roof, which will completely make PRH and I feel like we've accomplished something. 

7 comments:

Jen Craun said...

At the end of last season's painting [full lead paint removal, restoration + repaint] for our 1880 house, we finally admitted that we were on a 3-year plan. That freedom of stepping into reality has really helped! The progress can seem STAGGERINGLY SLOW, but it's getting better. Inch by inch. I love seeing your progress!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of your barn and potting shed - and you really have come a long way with them!

chiara said...

such progress - you should feel so proud! everything takes a long time, especially with two little kids to care for the whole while!

lisa hermanson said...

Looks much better, yes!

Anonymous said...

This is humungous and amazing! You should see the wreck that is our renovation. Three years, everything half done, tools and spare toilets and stoves and pink paper everywhere in the house. -- Mopar

best roofing materials said...

You should feel so proud! everything takes a long time, I love seeing your progress!

fort collins carpet cleaning said...

That freedom of stepping into reality has really helped! The progress can seem STAGGERINGLY SLOW, but it's getting better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...