7.13.2012

This weekend...


This is the future home of our Tenenbaums-inspired game room. Seriously. Yay! We're cleaning out the old hay loft in the barn tomorrow. I'm going to order the roof materials soon, but our goal this weekend is to get this area cleaned up. To keep myself motivated, I made a short list of game room essentials:
  • ping pong table (found one yesterday)
  • hammock
  • long table with benches
  • board games (I've been collecting vintage board games for a while now)
  • mini fridge
  • basketball hoop
  • dart board
  • comfy couch and chairs
  • kegerator (that's PRH's addition...well, OK, it's on my list, too)
  • do we want a television in that space? I'm not sure.


The image above is what the space looks like when you're standing in the center of the room looking out over the rest of the barn. My ultimate dream is to install a wall of glass so you can still see the interior structure of the barn, but keep the game room separate and clean. This image from Dwell is kind of what I'm thinking about.


I'm loving this room and any room on this board, but here are some other images that will keep me inspired while we're up to our armpits in mice and gross old hay. I love the delineation of space and the contrast of the white walls with the dark ceiling in Aesthetic Movement’s New York showroom (via Design Sponge). That table is pretty killer, too...


How fun is AB Chao's garage (via Katie K)?! Why not add a piano to the list... 


A basketball hoop inside? Yes. This photo is from Collins Design via Elle Decor...
Vintage arcade games? Photo from Lonny Mag March/April 2011...


I don't think this will happen, but I do like the idea of a bunk room (found via momtastic)...


What are your game room essentials? Have a happy weekend and I'll see you on Monday! 

8 comments:

jodi said...

Wow! That wall of windows is awesome. I can't wait to see the barn come together with you vision. Makes me really want to renovate something. :)

sara mansfield said...

awesome! no tv! a radio and record player, and a stack of fun magazines and coloring books near the comfy couch and chairs.

Julia at Home on 129 Acres said...

Sounds like a great plan. Our basement is going to be games central: board games, card games, video games (so yes to the TV for us), pool and ping pong. Bonus, we found our ping pong table in the barn left by some previous owner. Score! Good luck with your clean out. It will be a great space!

chiara said...

That is so cool. Your kids are going to be the coolest kids on the block. You should get a drum set!

amy h said...

Fun! My uncle has a game room that includes the games my sister and I were lucky enough to have as kids: a full-size Pengo arcade game, a pinball machine, and a pop-a-shot basketball game. He added a slot machine to the mix (the kind with actual wheels spinning with images on them). Also, rows upon rows of collected beer cans. :)

theroses said...

NO to a TV but maybe a big old movie projector screen for movie nights!

Christen from life:styled said...

this makes me so excited for you guys! I can totally see the vision, and you will get there! here's to less rats and more trash piles.

Conversation Pieces said...

Oh wow, I so want a barn now so I can have a game room... and that glass sided barn? amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...