7.02.2012

Patience...


It's official- I'm grinning from ear to ear. PRH replaced the windows on the front of the barn and spent most of this weekend cleaning it out. Remember what those windows looked like before? Here's a reminder...


The roof on the potting shed is done and one side is painted (well, the first coat). I guess we're going with green. It already looks so much better, but I seriously need to get off my butt and finish that little building. 


PRH spent all day Sunday cleaning the second floor. See those gaping holes in the roof? Yeah, we really need to fix those. The structure is so beautiful though, isn't it? I stood in the hay loft and just stared at those big old beams, imagining the day that we can have a giant party in that space. Patience, right?  

4 comments:

beth lehman said...

It is an absolutely beautiful space!!! It reminds me (again) of our family farm. The barn there is the 'longest' in Somerset Co., but the inside structure is similar to yours. I only have a vague idea how much work it is to tackle this project yourselves - bravo!!! It is such hard work, but your end goal... a party in there?? It will be incredible~!

ladaisi said...

This is so incredibly exciting! When I was a kid, we had friends who had a huge barn with a loft like this ... and we adored it. It's one of my happiest memories. I'd love to throw a big candelight dinner, with contradance and japanese lanterns and cider, in a barn someday. Its going to be wonderful!

sara mansfield said...

major progress...woo hoo! cheers to PRH & summer weekends :)

Julia at Home on 129 Acres said...

By the time we finally bought our farm, I'm sure our real estate agent thought we were buying the barn not the house. I love old barn architecture and would love to throw a party in ours as well. Does PRH want to help with our clean out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...