7.10.2012

Party crafts...


I love this photo that Rachael took at the screening party last weekend. I brought the kids' teepee, thinking it would act as added shade, and they ended up playing in it all night. Instead of chairs, I brought piles of blankets that we put all over the yard so everyone could snag a comfy spot. Prior to the party, I made about 7000 tulle pom poms (OK...really only about 100) and strung them on thread. You can see the garland above, but here are the pre-strung pom poms piled up on my desk. Crafts for parties are my fave. Want to make your own tulle pom poms? I wrote instructions right here.  

7 comments:

The Belvedere- Alyssa said...

Oh love those poms. So fun with the teepee- I had one as a kid and slept in it for a year or two straight!

brianne said...

Such a perfect summery scene!

How2home said...

Love the tulle pom pom! Can you do a tutorial on this for us? That'll be so fabulous, so much potential with these pretty poms for parties!

Kiddo said...

Did you make our buy the teepee?! Something similar would be perfectly for our tree-free, very sunny Florida yard :)

sara mansfield said...

ooh, pile of poms... it's like the jellyfish scene in Finding Nemo!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! :) The teepee came from Amazon (it's the 6ft version). I did do a tutorial and linked to it in the post. It's really easy. Best of luck!
x,
Abbey

Anna said...

note to self: must make tulle poms for my wedding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...