7.26.2012

Our first year on the farm...


For whatever reason, our first anniversary of homeownership completely passed by without me even remembering it. We've now owned this farmhouse for 1 year and 5 days. The past 370 days have been the busiest in recent memory- an absolute whirlwind of activity. This morning, I started at this post and read back through the past year of blog posts. Looking back through like that was a nice reminder of what we've accomplished (and overcome) in one year. Here are some highlights, with a few disappointments mixed in for good measure (all part of life, no?):
Yowser! Add to that list, happy moments spent with family and friends- it's been a great year. There are days when I think buying this house was an excellent decision and, quite frankly, there are days when I think buying this house was a huge mistake. To be sure, tackling a major renovation with small children can be overwhelming, but it's also interesting, rewarding, and humbling; I've learned a lot about myself, my husband, our family, and our friends this year. A little over a year ago, I published this post. It occurred to me that, whether we're talking about love, renovations, work, etc., the advice I gave then rings true now: don't resign yourself to mediocrity. Set your heart on something and just go for it.

5 comments:

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

What a year! Congratulations on so many successes(and hiccups) along the way. The house looks amazing and its great to see you guys "bring it back."

jodi said...

Wow, that is an impressive list! What a year (and 5 days) you've had. :)

Ashley said...

You have such a beautiful home! Congrats on being there for just over a year. :)

Ally Ann said...

I have been dreaming of moving into a farmhouse and having all the projects and renovations you've encountered this past year! i'm quite jealous of you...
perhaps one day i will be able to accomplish this, but till then i'm going to have to live vicariously through you!

Pebblyn said...

Oh my gosh, your house looks beautiful from the outside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...