7.12.2012

In the garden...


I'm pretty sure that you remember my post about our ugly garden fence. The fence itself is still quite ugly (sorry, PRH), but now the garden is full of beautiful veggies! While PRH picked squash the other night, I snapped a few photos. Based on Renee's suggestion, I made zucchini "noodles" that night and they were delicious. Instead of red sauce, I sauteed the "noodles" with a bit of olive oil and garlic, and garnished with parmesan cheese. I also made summer squash pancakes to go with that. My mom used to make them when we were little and I've always loved them. Our recipe is a little different from the one I linked to, but you get the idea. Any favorite zucchini or summer squash recipes?


These are the sunflowers that Kicky and EZ E planted. They're pretty proud of their garden. 

5 comments:

The Belvedere- Alyssa said...

What a bounty! Such great memories to have for your children. I always remember the garden that my father and i grew together for years.

What do you guys fertilize with? We're having trouble excessive heat and keeping our plants healthy.

Cheryl Cochran said...

Ooh, I have two zucchini from my garden that I might have to try that "noodle" recipe with. It sounds delicious!

amy h said...

You are getting good stuff from the garden! Here's the thing about ugly fences: you want a cheap/easy fence for your garden for the first couple years you have it so you can make sure you have the size and layout that is right for your land and needs. It would be awful to build some expensive thing only to have it not be just right for your needs. With gardens, it takes a couple years to know! So there's some justification for you, if you want it. :) (I think it looks fine and functional as it is though.)

How2home said...

Your garden looks fantastic! Doesnt it feel awesome to grow and eat your own healthy crops :) I love it! Have you ever tried this method of growing crops? It's pretty interesting (www.eieihome.com/blog/do-it-yourself-vertical-gardens.html)

Pamela said...

laHomen 8Your garden looks terrific, congratulations.And my favorite summer squash recipe is Courgette Au Gratin from the old Gourmet Cookbook, Volume One.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...