6.08.2012

This weekend...



 EZ E has his first, real playdate this weekend. I know that probably sounds weird, but I'm not much of a playdate mom. To be honest, the whole thing makes me feel like I'm dating again, trying to find parents (and their offspring) who are the right fit. It's not as though my babes are never around other kids- it's just that those children are usually somehow related to us (my father is the oldest of six kids, my youngest first cousin is 5) or they're the kids of longtime friends. I digress. It's going to be great, right? The peonies are out, we have a lazy weekend ahead of us, and we're headed out to EZ E's kindergarten orientation in just a few minutes, the one where he gets to meet his teachers and see his classroom. I hope you all have a beautiful weekend.

2 comments:

Fox and Sparrows said...

I agree with you completely! What happened to knocking on your friends door and asking of they can play? If they couldn't you moved down the road to another friend. Simpler times!

amy h said...

Oh, I feel the same way about playdates. My kids usually play with the neighbors or with our old friends' kids. Much simpler!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...