5.31.2012

Cake...


Our best boy turns five tomorrow. Five! I can hardly believe it. Since I'll be making desserts and wrapping gifts today, I thought I'd share some of our more memorable birthday cakes,  good and bad (with links to the parties). We made the cake above for EZ E's 1st birthday. Below are cakes from EZ E's 3rd... 






and PRH's 34th...
  

Lest you think we always make cute cakes around here, this is the dump truck cake I attempted on EZ E's 2nd birthday. The party was at my parents' house, which was being renovated. On top of that, I was hugely pregnant, we had just moved back from Buffalo a day or two before, and I was in no mood to throw a party. As is often the case, we threw a party anyways. The dump truck cake was a disaster, but see the look on his little face? He loved it.    


For whatever reason, Twinkie "cakes" are a long-standing joke in my very large, Italian family. My mother, an exceptional cook/baker, would gather all of us cousins in the kitchen and we'd giggle hysterically, trying to assemble a tower of Twinkies. Our nieces helped my mom assemble this "cake" for PRH's and my 30th birthdays, which are less than a month apart. Just looking at this photo makes me laugh, and that's what it's all about, right? Here's a round-up of some of my other favorite party moments. I'm off to make a cake. 

5 comments:

kristin said...

I always love your birthday party posts! Happy birthday to EZ E!!

chiara said...

The dumptruck cake is great - especially all the stuff it's hauling around! My boy just turned 5 too - I didn't realize they are pretty much the same age! Check out the 'pond' cake my mom made him. :)

Kate said...

These are amazing! That vegetable patch cake is EPIC!

Meghan Splawn said...

Oh, I love the twinkie cake! brings a bog ole smile right to my face!

Les Papiers said...

Hermosos!
muy lindo el blog.
Saludos desde Argentina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...