4.24.2012

The years are short...


Have you seen this time-lapse video yet? This line from the article was exactly what I needed to read yesterday: "...in raising children, the days are long but the years are short". After sobbing through the movie Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close last night, I felt even more that this time is going too fast. Today I'm going to enjoy a couch full of play food and a table covered in Playmobil, and happily search for very specific miniature animals hidden in a box-full of other miniature animals. Enjoy your day, everyone!


8 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

I know what you mean. I watched the video, but didn't want to watch it. I thought it was such a special thing for a father to do for his daughter, but it also left me feeling old! We just had a birthday in our house and I was amazed at how many changes can happen from one year to the next. Some days, I just want my daughter to stay small forever.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!! This was just the reminder my momma heart needed this morning!! ~Janet

Chloe Lees said...

Gad, isn't Playmobil just the best?

Jo James said...

A perfect quote! And so true.
As the mother of teenagers, I really miss Playmobil.

Jane S. said...

Those were such sweet videos, and they remind me of little kids everywhere! Little girls talking nonstop, little boys pulling faces. I miss when my kids were that small.

Sarah Buttenwieser said...

No one, so far (my oldest is 16) has told me the teen years go by quickly. Just sayin! I love the moments when I can just appreciate their small pieces of toys (everywhere).

Steenkbug said...

I just finished reading the Happiness Project and she uses that line frequently, the years are short, but the days are long. I think about it often, especially now that my youngest of 4 is entering full day kindergarten next year. bittersweet.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation--I went out and rented it -- it gets me ever the more escited for summer with my monkeys and all our adventures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...