3.26.2012

Farm chic...

farmhouse
Did you happen to catch this incredible farmhouse in the latest issue of Country Living Magazine? I've been poring over the images again and again, trying to glean ideas for our own farmhouse renovation. Trust me, you don't even want to know the number of hours I can spend geeking out over Belgian block edging. Hours!!! I digress. This is the look I'm hoping for for our property...a sort of minimal farm chic. I'm not sure that will happen (um, don't feel bad about that , Nancy Drew), but we're going to give it the old college try. The farm belongs to Kathryn Windley and Gary DiMauro, and was photographed by Mikkel Vang. Be sure to check out the rest of the photos in the latest issue of Country Living or on the CL website. I'm heading outside to move plants...and pretend that I have yards of Belgian block at my disposal.

farmhouse
farmhouse
farmhouse

8 comments:

Angeline said...

Love this post - I've been looking at another farmhouse & property on the CL site, too! :) Have a great day!

laurie mc. said...

Hee, hee...I got this issue in the mail the other day and thought of you when I saw these pics...especially that barn/garage! The whole place is gorgeous! I don't know if I personally could live with white floors, though...we're a messy family!

laurie in ga

Irina Pidova said...

i just love it! one day i want my house to look like that! lovelly!

Greets,
Irina :-)

cathie said...

i'm feeling it...farm house envy...

Jen said...

I loved this one too! I love the light and white, airy feeling of this home (something I think mine lacks sometimes). I have been obsessing over Medina Sandstone blocks. My grandfather owned a sandstone quarry and my dad just offered me a bunch of his supply to use for a patio! I am so excited!utherchn orlyo

brianne said...

That fireplace is perfection. Great mix of rustic and modern all in one functional cozy little package. Great space, thanks so much for sharing!

Karen said...

I love the ledgerock surrounding the garden beds. Last year we laid (literally) a few tonnes around our garden beds, over several inches of limestone screenings (only under the ledgerock) tamped down so that they don't settle. Enjoy all the dreaming and planning!

The Belvedere Alyssa said...

That garden is just the bees knees! So amazing, going to check out the other photos now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...