3.20.2012

Commitment-phobe...

home decor
The living room...ah, the living room. It's just not coming together, my friends. Much to PRH's chagrin, I dragged home a couch the other day. Sturdy with down cushions...come on, man! It does need love (hello, flat cushions), but my mom and I are planning to take an upholstery class, so I took the plunge. I've also purchased -and returned- several rugs over the last few weeks. I know exactly what I want, but I don't want to spend 2 million dollars on a rug, particularly when we have two roommates under the age of 4. We still need to finish the built-in shelves, do something about those textured walls, and get some decent throw pillows. Maybe once all of that's done, I'll find a rug that I can commit to and show you some decent photos.

home decor
books
That beautiful print directly above is from my friend Sosser.

6 comments:

Miss B. said...

I suffer from the same commitment illness. AND I have every Nancy Drew. I feel your pain.

laurie mc. said...

A few things:
I'm a big believer in letting rooms come together naturally. Unfortunately, "naturally" and "quickly" are not synonymous!
Congrats on your upcoming book--soooo excited! And I love the title!
Nancy Drew is the BOMB!
...Laurie in Georgia

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

Aw! Totally agree, commitment is hard. I just saw some amazing rugs at the flea market this weekend- maybe there's a winner at your flea market?

My very favorite rug, an 8x10 woven beauty, was found at the flea for a whooping $8!!

Ps. Didn't get to comment the other day abotu your book deal- congrats!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Christen from life:styled said...

Ok so I dragged home an old wood sided love seat, hoping to re-upholster and make it simply fabulous, over a year ago...it has become a huge mental barricade for me. So when you take the class PLEASE share! I've found nothing to help.

written essays said...

IN my opinion your variant of design is really amazing!

madilla said...

Designing a livingroom should be a slow process. Enjoy al the lovely furniture you are living with right now. "Living with less stylishly" is my mantra anyway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...