2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day...

handmade valentineHappy Valentine's Day! I give PRH the same valentine every year- it's an old Lipton tea jar that my best friend and I first made when we were about 8-years-old. I can't remember why we made them (not to give them to a boyfriend/girlfriend), but I kept mine and have added a new message to PRH every year. We've been a couple for eleven years now, so it's fun to take a few moments on Valentine's Day morning to look back to at the messages tucked inside. Do you have any special valentine traditions?

handmade valentine
handmade valentine
handmade valentine

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Nancy said...

How fun that it's a cumulative thing! I've always made Mr. M something but perhaps I'll start adding a nostalgic element to it too- love this!

Je suis une monstre said...

That is the most beautiful, thoughtful, sweetest present I have ever seen! The photographs are gorgeous. Your man must feel very very lucky every year! Very inspiring :) Happy Valentine's Day! Katie. xxx

persuede said...

this is very sweet

Mandy said...

that's a lovely idea...we never really do that much in Australia...tho i and my two daughters git a rose if my hubby and u gig my kids a chocolate and gave hubby a scratchie...lol...xxx

sécia said...

No traditions but I think you've just inspired one... Happy Valentine's Day!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Emma at The Marion House Book said...

This is immensely sweet. I bet your a pretty good wife!! No traditions around here although I think I should probably start some. Bought my husband a whoopie pie today.

Anna said...

oh my goodness I completely forgot to tell you how I used my jar o'hearts I won from you this time last year. My Grandpa passed away in October and we (kids, grand-kids, great grand-kids)all wrote him a note, and tucked them inside the jar with the little hearts. It was the final thing we did before we went to mass. So thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...