1.31.2012

Shed finds...

vintageI mentioned yesterday that we spent Saturday cleaning out our shed. About a year before we bought this place, the owners had a massive auction and sold almost everything in the house. Remember what our house looked like before? Instead of getting rid of the leftovers, they stashed it all in the shed and barn. Thanks to a bunch of creepy little rodents, I put off cleaning out the shed until this weekend. As it turns out, the rodent nest I mentioned a while ago was built by a herd of squirrels (or whatever you call a large number of cohabitating squirrels). The friskiest of the herd jumped right out when I grabbed a box of junk. Aaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Irrational fear of squirrels. Who me? Yes.

I digress. We found some awesome stuff, including this Bingo tin full of glasses and old advertising ephemera. Remember what I found the last two times I attempted a clean-out (this and this)? Hmmmm...almost worth all of that screaming and running in terror. Thank goodness the shed is finally cleaned out, right?

vintage
vintage
vintage
vintage
vintage

12 comments:

flux biota. said...

so many great things! I love a good treasure hunt.

Nicolette Lafonseca-Hargreaves said...

I love finds like this I have an obsession with retro packaging ask my hubby he has a house full of stuff now thanks to me and my hoarding

Nicolette xo

Conversation Pieces said...

Love the bingo tin... though I'm imaging that yes I would freak out at being jumped out at by a herd of squirrels!! (Loving a herd of squirrels!!)

sécia said...

Oh, I love your finds! Totally worth it. :)

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Sierra said...

A good score is always worth the potential squirrel scare. Great finds!

J. O. Miller said...

What a lovely set of treasures!

(Also, no fear of mass quantities of any rodent-like pests, even squirrels, is irrational. You are a brave, brave woman!)

PS: Love that long strip of baby band-aids! They remind me of scraped knees carefully cared for by my grandma when I was a wee bit... back before they had fancy band-aids with superheroes and Hello Kitty on them. So fun to see!

minouette said...

Oh, since I'm making a series of linocut of the terms of venery (collective nouns for animals), I can tell you: a group of cohabitatin squirrels is called a dray, a squad, or, my favorite, a scurry.

I'm sure you'll put your finds to good use!

Cheers,
Ele (aka minouette)

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

Whew! Just thinking about that massive heap of rodents gave me the shivers! Lovely things you found though!

life:styled said...

those glasses are awesome! what are you going to do with all the finds?

mooi hoor... said...

I love these kind of things too! We also have shed to clean out at our "new" house...but need to wait until that meter of snow is gone ;)

Jodi Ann said...

cool! That stuff is all so awesome. I wish we had an old shed to clean out :)

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Glad I'm not the only one who's afraid of rodents. ;) Thanks for the real name, Ele! For now, everything is back in the tin. What would you do with it?
x,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...