1.09.2012

Renovation blahs...

wallpaper
A tiny sliver of our bathroom project. Why not share a photo of the whole room? Well, as far as DIY renovations go, the small bathroom project has become a bit demoralizing. It may be the combination of the winter ick that's set in at our house, coupled with a poor choice in lower wall covering (wainscoting), but we're starting to feel like maybe we should just scrap our first try and go for a second. Perhaps I'd consider that option had I not screamed my fool head off so much while wallpapering. The wallpaper itself came from my friend Renee. It's a vintage, hand-screened paper designed by Alan Campbell (the pattern is called Criss Cross) and I happen to love how unexpected it is in our otherwise white-walled home. Funky wallpaper aside, the bathroom is a hot mess. Here's my plan: I'm going to paint the wainscoting on the bottom half of the wall and play with scale a bit more. It's not like it can get any worse than this, right? What's that saying about champagne taste and a beer budget? Um, yeah...I'm so there.

5 comments:

Angeline said...

It's all going to be all right! You can do it!

life:styled said...

oh no! awful feelings :( but I ADORE that paper...so with that on the wall, there really can't be anything wrong with the rest. good luck!!

jen said...

Abbey... We've all been there. We all love to see your renovations but I for one am blown away by how much you have done in such a short time! It is supposed to be fun, right? I hope you don't feel pressured by us readers. I think sometimes a renovation project just has to evolve naturally. Or maybe that is just what I keep telling myself for being so slow. Good luck...I am sure it will look great when you are done!

Joy Fisher said...

If I had a blog where I shared diy projects, this is what every post would be like. It's a little refreshing, to be honest, because I look at awesome blogs like yours all the time of people who do awesome diys all the time and I get a lot of inspiration and totally forget that this is where my diys always end up.

However, as all your readers can attest, your bathroom will be awesome and we'll all be jealous and you'll have to remind us to go back and read this post least we get all down in the dumps about ourselves and lack of diy ability.

Those who can DIY blog, the rest of us are your readers! Good luck! :)

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

Blurg! I know how you're feeling, the reality is you're in the thick of it! It seems the worst while you are half finished, messes everywhere- trust you're gut, you guys do great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...