1.02.2012

Project 1 (2012)...

bathroom renovation
bathroom renovation
I had hoped to have our first floor bathroom finished before 2012. It's really my fault that it didn't happen. PRH installed the new sink the first week we bought the house, and finished the drywall months ago. Then I was waiting to make a wallpaper decision, which my sweet friend Renee solved by sending me oodles of incredible vintage wallpaper. My most recent (bad) excuse has been the weird hibernation mode I go into after October every year. Enough already, right?! We need a finished bathroom! So, I'm challenging myself to finish the bathroom by Friday. I took the two photos above before we bought the house. Paneling, hideous linoleum floors, a sink base from the dark ages, and a faux gold medicine cabinet...yowzers. I pulled out the sink base myself while PRH was working on something else. I had to call in back-up (my dad), but luckily we got it out because it was leaking like crazy. I pulled out the linoleum floors next (again, much to PRH's chagrin)...

bathroom renovationI started removing the gunk from the floors...

bathroom renovation

bathroom renovationand decided that the walls needed to come out. Can I just tell you how happy it made PRH to hear me ripping out the paneled walls? I'm kidding, of course. He was more like, "Abbey!!! What are you doing?! Why do we have to do this now?!". I changed the subject and asked him to install the cast iron sink we found on craigslist...

bathroom renovationThen he installed the drywall and a new door, and that's where we've been for months. It's about time I get off my lazy-renovation butt. Friday is the goal, peeps! Wish we luck and look for photos at the end of this week.

10 comments:

icci design... said...

you are amazin!!! such an inspiration i really want to rip up my bathroom too!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see the final product. Good luck Abbey!

Julia said...

so smart to blog it, it gives instant accountability! i want to wallpaper soon, please share after photos!

beth lehman said...

old farmhouse bathrooms can be so heinous! yours reminds me of one we didn't gut but should have.... can't wait to see the results! will there be white paint?? :) hope so!

Carrie said...

Oohhh...love that cast iron sink!! What an awesome find - hoping to find a similar one for our Project (rental) House. Looking forward to an update about your Friday goal! Happy New Year!

Jodi Ann said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like! you are really amazing and I've decided that if we ever do renovations, I'll be contacting you :)

cheryl.andrey said...

I think your bathroom rivals ours for the title of World's Ugliest Bathroom. We have faux pink marble linoleum + mirrored tile on the walls, wallpaper on the ceiling, gold chain link towel bars, and a terribly mismatched linoleum floor. Unfortunately we're not quite ready to refinish ours, but the toilet leaks, so fortunately no one goes in there anyways.

Sarah @ { rad: renovations are dirty } said...

You're telling yourself "to get off [your] lazy-renovation butt"?! haha! I think you're amazingly productive. I'm envious.

Love the cast iron sink, btw. What a great find. :)

Paulette said...

Holy cow Abbey--if you're lazy, what does that make the rest of us? Happy New Year--look forward to seeing what artful shenanigans you get up to this year! xo, P.

Cat said...

Good luck, Abbey!! Doubt you'll need it though--everything you touch seems to turn out great!! Can't wait to see the finished bathroom!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...