1.10.2012

How not to force bulbs...


The strange lack of snow so far this Winter has accommodated our habit of randomly wandering around our yard, trying to guess what plants are what. The babes and I found a huge pile of bulbs by our quince tree (one of the few plants we can identify) and brought a few inside to try to force. I've never forced bulbs before, but it didn't take too long to figure out that our toothpick and tape attempt wasn't working out. We took to the interwebs and round two appears to be working out a bit better. January has also brought a lot of game-playing; this particular game involved kicking up your feet...

Puzzles have been pretty popular too. This puzzle from moomah was a gift from our thoughtful and talented cousin, Heather Williamson...

I'm temporarily putting the bathroom renovation out of my mind. I really appreciate your encouragement! How are you spending your January so far?

4 comments:

Erin said...

So how DO you force bulbs correctly?

Althea said...

Oooh! I love puzzles! I'm sure we have the blanket that's perched on the back of your sofa! x

http://zyogbv.blogspot.com/

Encarna said...

Nice blog!

Paulette said...

My b'day's a week after new year's so january so far has been celebrations interspersed with sick days. Also getting into the rhythm of blogging every day as that's my major creative project for the year. (And I should be working on the play that's getting a reading in april and making a baby quilt for a friend but....)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...