1.06.2012

Bathroom update...

barn renovation
I've rarely met a DIY project that I didn't like. Not all are fun, but wallpapering our miniscule bathroom had to be one of the most difficult projects I've tackled in this renovation. Even refinishing 1600 square feet of hardwood floors seemed easier! I spent the greater part of yesterday teary-eyed and swearing and, by the end of the day, looked a bit like Gene Simmons crying in full makeup. Yowzers! I was, however, determined to hang that wallpaper and am proud to report that I did finish it. I also painted the doors, cleaned and replaced hardware, and installed a light and mirror. I had hoped to share photos of our finished bathroom renovation project today, but we still have to finish the trim and do something about the floors. With the exception of the floors, we will be done with everything today, so I wouldn't say that my challenge to finish the project by Friday was a complete failure. No matter what degree of finished that bathroom is in, I promise to share photos on Monday. In the meantime, I leave you with our next project...the back of our barn (see stages of that project here, here, and here)! Any roofing suppliers out there who want to lend a girl a hand?

3 comments:

Robin Yourgrave said...

I remember the hell that my dad played with when he re-did the bathroom at my old house. It turned out great, but at a cost. Best of luck to you.

julia - rockthathorse said...

Hello there. Looking forward to your bathroom pictures already. In the meantime enjoying your wonderful blog. All the best from Amsterdam and good luck with the bullets - you live in a dangerous country...

The Stapelia Company said...

Ah yes. Wallpapering a small bathroom can make or break one's sanity/interpersonal relationships. I remember when we decided to just paper the lower half of our bathroom downstairs using paste, because it was old and wasn't pre-pasted. Round about the time we were BOTH shoved in behind the toilet making sure the pattern lined up and fighting to beat the dickens, was when I decided I was all set with wallpaper and possibly DIY projects in general... luckily, I got back on the horse, but yeah. Not fun. Good luck! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...