1.03.2012

Bathroom inspiration...

bathroom
After seeing the bathroom we started with, I'm sure you'll agree that much inspiration was needed. The biggest inspiration was a bathroom I saw at a photo shoot (I wrote about it here). The house was gorgeous, but a tiny bathroom under the main stairway was what I left thinking about. I thought I'd share a few other bathrooms that I have floating around in my mind. The bathroom above was designed by Gregory Mellor (image found via seesaw). I'm loving the masculine vibe going on here: the portraits, the matching pedestal sinks, the dark mirrors and touches of brass. The bathroom directly below was designed by Chase Booth (originally seen in Domino Magazine, image found here). Here's what I love: the light above the mirror, the natural materials, and the curtain on a track (an idea for our upstairs bathroom).

bathroom
Emersonmade's sink (image found via Design*Sponge) made my heart skip a beat, and inspired me to search for sinks on craigslist. We scored our vintage cast iron pedestal sink for less than $25.

bathroom

I pretty much love everything about this bathroom designed by Ghislaine Vinas Interior Design (image by Elizabeth Felicella found via cococozy). The super traditional wainscoting makes me swoon and I adore that wallpaper.

bathroomThe mirror in Lauren Bradshaw's bathroom (image found via Design*Sponge) is lovely and the dark walls with the subway tile? Absolutely!

bathroom
Design*Sponge) Katie Quinn Davies' bathroom is in my dream category. I have two words: minimalist perfection.

bathroom
I'm still trying to figure out the common denominator in all of these bathrooms. Any thoughts?

Here's our bathroom progress report: the walls are prepped for wallpaper and I painted the ceiling. Today I'm painting the doors (yes, there are TWO doors in that tiny bathroom), picking up the wallpaper supplies I forgot to purchase, and patching a spot on the sink. I've never wallpapered, so I'm trying to work up the nerve to do so tomorrow. Any helpful tips or sites with helpful tips?

11 comments:

Amy said...

common denominator...mostly white sinks with no base cabinet, airy feeling, even in the darker one!! Love all of them, can't wait to see your finished bathroom.

Steve Haskamp said...

Beautiful inspiration rooms! I look forward to seeing your finished bathroom!

chris said...

In addition to what Amy said, I'd say the other common denominators are the use of vintage industrial pieces and plain honest materials. You're a girl after my own heart. I can't wait to see the end result....I've loved and been amazed by EVERYTHING you've done with your house so far.

kelly said...

Would you consider a dark green on the walls? I love the subway tiles. I swoon over the wood framed mirror, maybe with a matching wood shelf?
If anyone will get this right, you will!

kcharlton said...

dark and light!

leFiligree said...

black and white palette, square sinks, refurbished feel, touches of wood, patina and a spare, airy feeling. love the black walls :)

hi there! said...

thanks for this post! i've been meaning to tackle my bathroom for the last two years. i have to kick it into gear in 2012!

Diana said...

I always think of the Door 16 bathrooms before and after whenever I need a good gross-to-great inspiration.

http://www.doorsixteen.com/2011/01/25/five-years-ago-part-two/

Althea said...

The mirror in the fist inspiration picture was just beautiful! x

http://zyogbv.blogspot.com/

Poppy Q said...

Love your blog. I agree, the bathrooms are lovely, all the white sinks and tiles and nice and simple without being flashy.

I would however, be concerned about the lack of storage. Where do they put all their stuff?

Julie Q

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Great inspiration! I'd gladly take any one of these bathrooms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...