12.20.2011

Lazy week...


This has been the kind of lazy week that I love, the kind where chairs become forts, we don't brush our hair, and we draw on walls...

where piles of toys collide in the middle of the floor and just stay there...

where plain copy paper and a napkin magically become a cozy bed for a rabbit and red-eyed bear...

where we plop on the floor in our pajamas and draw...

Unlike years past, I've made it a point to keep calm this week and not pile on unnecessary projects. It's been great! When things get crazy, as they inevitably do when you live with two young children, will you remind me of this week?

Thank you to Under Siege Vintage for sponsoring this post.



9 comments:

Maxabella said...

What a fabulous week it is!! x

Emily Rodriguez said...

It makes me so happy to see kids coloring, reading, and building forts. It is truly time well spent!!

kbluem said...

Wish I was there in my PJs...

Julia said...

this is a sweet reminder. our days are often like this (including the crayon on the wall) but I feel guilty for the mess..will try to better enjoy it

life:styled said...

that last picture of your daughter makes me smile :)

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

Your house is the best! So cozy and fun, wish i was drawing giant cat faces on extra long paper like kicky!

Becky said...

I read, I rarely comment. But I wanted to say that one year I went absolutely crazy with stress. And it was awful. So I took my calendar for the new year and flipped to December 1st and wrote myself a note. As soon as I saw it that next December I remembered. And I made something better happen. Something like you are doing this week. And it was great. Jot yourself a note to look back at this date on your blog. And have a Merry Merry Christmas.

Jodi Ann said...

Love it! I feel like this was just the reminder I needed to slow down this week and enjoy. :)

Robin Yourgrave said...

When I lived back in Indiana, I used to have days like this with my little brother and sister all of the time. It's probably one of the only things I miss about that little town.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...