12.13.2011

Handmade ornaments...

handmade
I must admit that the holiday spirit has been slow to arrive at our house this year. We had to wait for plaster dust to clear before we put up our tree and, other than the ornaments for my shop, this is the only ornament I've made so far. I made a ton last year and it was so fun to see them all again and hang them on the tree. I really want to make more this year. This ornament is basically a large scale version of these geometric cubes with a screw eye in the top. DIY directions for the blocks are in the book State of Craft and on etsy (one word of caution: these blocks are NOT intended for children). Do you make handmade ornaments each year?

handmade

7 comments:

Kersey Campbell said...

LOVE them!

J. O. Miller said...

Gorgeous! I love it. Your ornaments are always my favorite. They look like they would be in the MoMA gift shop because the creativity and craftsmanship are always top-notch. Hope you enjoy your first Christmas together in the new "house."

anika said...

these are so cute! i love how colorful and playful they are.

The Stapelia Company said...

I love those! So cute and modern. :)

Zoƫ {Conversation Pieces} said...

Oh I love it... so pretty! Like a mini work of art! This is the first year I've really handmade my decorations – and that was only because we had so much stuff left over from our wedding that I was determined to use it somehow. Hope you feel more festive soon.

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

You make the best 'simple but interesting' things.

Bandita said...

pretty!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...