11.24.2011

Happy Thanksgiving...

drawing
With the exception of Christmas, the morning of every holiday is insane at our house. By the time we walk out the door to attend multiple family dinners, I'm already irritated and covered in some kind of sauce that spilled on me right as we were walking out the door. By the time the passive aggressive comments are being lobbed back and forth, I'm completely done. This year, I was determined not to race around preparing food or ironing clothing or giving baths. I poured myself a giant glass of wine last night (Apothic Red, to be exact), put on The Strokes really loud, and busted out our holiday dishes. I also ironed all of our clothing, made lunch and dinner for Friday, and may or may not have danced until I almost sweat to death. Friends, it got pretty ugly. But you know what? This morning is fabulous. Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Mills M. (héron + hibou) said...

That sounds like a lovely new Thanksgiving tradition!

Erin Lang Norris said...

Happy Thanksgiving (late) to you as well!

And I've been listening to a lot of older Strokes recently. Not too keen on the newer stuff. But the older discs still rock my socks.

life:styled said...

You just coined my typical holiday morning perfectly, but I too realized the absurdity and swallowed my comments, my wine and had an amazing holiday. Thanks for sharing the reality of the seasons :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...