10.11.2011

Fossil hunt...

farm
There's a lovely, rambling little stream that runs along the left edge of our property. Yesterday was the perfect day to spend exploring: searching for fossils, gathering leaves, and watching for what EZ E calls 'wild hamsters' (they're apparently rather elusive. We didn't see a single one).

farmThe pebble collecting started immediately...

farmEZ E was determined to build a damn and kept referring to himself as a "damn good builder"...

farm
farmWhile the babes splashed, I piled stones and watched chipmunks...

farmWe walked back with an armload of specimens to look at through our magnifying glasses...

farmI love this photo of them just sitting together, looking at the water and listening to leaves falling. Sometimes I forget how to slow down, soak in this time with these two little people, and keep my eyes open for wild hamsters.

farm

Thanks to Wolfie & the Sneak for sponsoring today's post

10 comments:

Jodi Ann said...

So sweet! that last photo of them sitting together is adorable.

sophia said...

"damn good builder"...that's pretty clever:)
pictures of little people...so adorable. their little bodies, their little faces, their little hands...sometimes you just want them to stay small.

Anna said...

ahhhh this is so cute! I just talked to my mom and she is doing almost the exact same thing today her niece & nephew at our lake. I am envious of both of you while I sit in my boring office . Their little gum boots made me smile!

sécia said...

So sweet!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

A Beautiful Party said...

that last pic of them together is the sweetest. It's nice that they are at the age where they can start being friends. cuties!

A Craig said...

This post and accompanying pics make me homesick! I miss you, I miss Fall, and I miss having a creek in which to play!!!

RachelDenbow said...

This was beautiful, Abbey. Just beautiful.

kelly said...

Lovely photos. That kind of adventuring will stay with them all their lives.
From all the way over here in Australia, I can't tell you enough how appealing those woods look! Happy exploring:)

Linnéa said...

You should reaaly make a painting of that beautiful picture of the two cutiepies!

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Fun and so so cute.

xo
cortnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...