10.31.2011

Batman and his flapper sidekick...

costume
Happy Halloween, everyone! PRH just took Batman and the flapper to school, so I snapped a few [grainy] photos before they headed out the door. After all of the costume choices, EZ E decided to wear his old standby Batman costume. I'm pretty sure the switch was motivated by the fact that his best friend at school is also planning to be Batman today. It's awesome to match when you're 4. I finished the headpiece for Kicky's flapper costume last night...you know, the part she hates the most. I'm going to try to take more photos later today, but given the earlier reaction to her costume, I'm not sure it'll happen. Ah, the joy of 2-year-olds.

costume
costumeAt least Batman played it cool this morning.

costume

14 comments:

Kristin said...

Great flapper costume! I think if I could go back in time I'd be a flapper.
Wouldn't it be great if the "real" Batman wore Chucks on his feet?

The Lady Nomad said...

She is the most adorable flapper! Love it :)

chiara said...

adorable - both of them!

Natalie Stern said...

The costumes turned out beautifully! Great job on the flapper outfit. I like the batman too. He seems quite happy with his choice.

Shannon said...

happy halloween!

my 2.5 year old told me the scary pumpkin i just carved wasn't scary enough, and it was missing teeth...he then pulled out a flier from the recycling bin, and showed me a "better scary pumpkin"...when did he get to be so opinionated? Jeesh!!!

Love the flapper costume!

Meaghan said...

Cutest ever - the look on her face is made of complete joy. Now I want to be a flapper!

Lizzy Pancakes said...

The flapper costume is different from any other I've seen. Great job!

xoxo Lizzy

www.lizzypancakes.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

Such a cute flapper costume!

I hear ya regarding the toddler costume issues. After spending entirely too long on a individually cut feathered bird costume for my 3 year-old son, which was his initial request, he is now demanding to be a dinosaur. Specifically, his old store-bought costume that's way too small. I talked him into wearing it to a costume party yesterday, but we'll see about tonight...

And my girlfriend spent the entire weekend making an "UP" house using cardboard, paint and helium balloons. It's beautiful, but her 3 year-old daughter is refusing to wear it, too.

So, you're not alone ;)

erika jane said...

great handmade costumes! we made costumes with a batman theme too! complete with one stars! :)

http://kotoamade.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween.html

bklopst said...

They both look the part!!
Btw..what's a flapper?

Anna said...

oh my goodness. your little flapper is so cute! and batman is a classic. thanks for sharing! :)

Abbey said...

ADORABLE!

Chuck said...

Aww....

Amanda Kingloff said...

Love! That flapper is beyond! But I expect no less...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...