9.30.2011

Let's talk Halloween...


I'm sorry...I absolutely couldn't wait any longer to start talking about Halloween. Costumes are my absolute favorite things to make for EZ E and Kicky and I had so much fun making the costumes for this month's Parents Magazine (all of the Parents costumes have detailed instructions, btw). So what to be this year? EZ E initially wanted to be Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I was thrilled about. We watch the movie pretty regularly, and I've spent months fostering an annoying habit of making Mr. Fox-inspired clicks and whistles. Sadly I think I took all the whistling and clicking too far...EZ E's back to Spiderman or Buzz Lightyear or some other superhero. Kicky could care less, so I have complete creative control. Muwhahaha! OK...I'm off to start Kicky's costume. Here are a few costumes from years past.

owl costume
costume
owl costume
flower costume
Mr. E costume

The fine print: I didn't use patterns for these costume, so I unfortunately don't have any to share. I just kind of wing it when it comes to costumes and have found that kiddos don't really care.

10 comments:

Jodi Ann said...

Oh I'm dying!! Those costumes are so cute :) My boys are at a good age for dressing up and I'm hoping our new neighborhood has lots of trick-or-treaters.

curlygirlpress said...

These are adorable! I love Halloween myself and hope my friends are having a party this year so I can wear a costume. Costuming children someday, now THAT will be fun. = )

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

I swear you are so dang talented Abbey. Im lovin that owl but theyre all fantastic!
Have a great weekend. Im hoping we can make it out to the barn sale. Id love to say hi in person:)

Anna said...

That owl costume is fantastic! You are so talented. What a special thing to do for your kids. Homemade costumes are the best!

Laurendy said...

My sister somehow suckered me into making my niece's Halloween costumes with the "it'll be a tradition" line.

I've already started this year's costume (yard gnome), but I'm totally gonna borrow your super hero idea for next year. I've got a year to talk my niece into being Super A.

sécia said...

LOVE the Mr. E. costume!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Can you point me in the right direction.... it looks like you use felt on the costumes? what kind is it and where can I get some? Thanks!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

You're all too sweet! Thank you!

Susan- the costumes are all felt. I just found it at our local JoAnn fabrics. Sue at Giant Dwarf (http://www.etsy.com/shop/giantdwarf) sells felt in beautiful colors though. Best of luck!
x,
Abbey

Susan said...

Thanks so much!

mooi hoor... said...

Your costumes are great. Especially the flower costume plus expression on her face cracks me up. She looks kind of...demure, right?
Pity we don't have Mr. E over here. This one definitely is my runner up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...