9.20.2011

Cider season...


We spent Sunday trying to catch up around here, which for PRH, meant picking apples in our orchard. My brother scored an apple press from a friend, so he and PRH are getting ready to make hard cider. PRH already makes wine and beer, but this is his first foray into making hard cider, so he's pretty excited. So excited, in fact, that our entire front porch is covered in crates and containers of apples. The kids' baby pool? Full of apples. We have almost 20 apple trees on our property, so I'm preparing myself to not see the porch (or PRH) again for a while.


EZ E wielding the apple picker...


6 comments:

BCraftie said...

Haha! The kids baby pool. I'm going to have to track down a "pick your own apples" around us. I've been wanting to have a cider party, seems like you need to a BIG one!

The Belvedere-Alyssa said...

Wow! Seems so fun and so fall! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Glad you're back and able to catch up, i missed your daily posts. Thinking positive thoughts for Owego!

curlygirlpress said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure the benefits of "an apple a day" count in hard cider form, but let me know if it works. There's always homemade apple sauce, too, if you and the kids want in on the apple fun... = )

life:styled said...

Yum! I'm glad you guys have been able to take a moment and enjoy your home and blessings after all you've been doing for others! You're a true inspiration.

sécia said...

So fun. Nice to see you were able to take a break and breathe for a moment.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Martha said...

My grandma claims that drinking cider all winter helps her fend off colds. She buys lots of cider in the fall (in Lancaster County PA) and freezes it for drinking all winter. My husband and I dream of an apple orchard and a cider press someday...especially now that cider has to be pasteurized in New York State! :-) Cider is one of my favorite drinks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...