9.06.2011

Back to school...

school
Our best boy starts preschool tomorrow. We sent him for a little while last year, but ended up taking him out mid-year for a few reasons. The first was that we were planning to move closer to where PRH works (we didn't end up doing that) and the other reason was more instinctual, us reading our kid and figuring out that the school we had chosen just wasn't working for him. We were sort of surprised because the school had been recommended by friends, but at the end of the day, we listened to our instincts, took him out, and were happy about our decision. So, I'm a little nervous this second time around. EZ E though? He's not nervous at all. We visited his classroom, met his teacher and some friends (and Mario, the classroom gerbil), and he's thrilled to go tomorrow. On a side note, Mario the gerbil is thrilled that Kicky won't be attending, as she showered him with too much attention for his liking at our last visit. EZ E being excited is a good sign, right? Any other parents out there sending their babies to school tomorrow? Any advice from parents who already have?

*this photo is from the stash of photos left behind at the farmhouse. Check out that teacher to kid ratio.*

6 comments:

emilie said...

When I was a preschool teacher I saw a lot of nervous parents! We also noticed that for the child the first day went well, but often the second and third were tough. Give it some time he will love it and you will be confident sending him off in the mornings. Good Luck!

- Emilie

Mo Pie, Please said...

Aww! He'll love preschool! A pet gerbil is all it takes! Good luck!

tinyparticlesoflight@blogspot.com said...

I just dropped my twin boys off at nursery school today for the first time. They're just over two years. It's only once a week but I was nervous for a couple of days prior anticipating crying and clinging when I dropped them off. They didn't do any of those things to my huge relief but I noticed that I was the one lingering. ;) It's hard to drop your children off anywhere when you're not sure what kind of an experience they'll have. My boys are a little timid so I worry about other kids overpowering them. Ah, to be a mother!

I hope EZ E has a great experience this time!

xo
Cortnie

Mrsink said...

That's great you listened to your gut and took him from the previous preschool. We just did that with our oldest son. I'm always so nervous the first week of school, but I am sure EZ E will do great! I planned to take my younger son to a coffee shop that's one block over from the school and that helped being close enough to race over there if something happened. haha! My son has special needs and can't talk so I think I might be a little over-protetive. It sounds like you guys are doing great!! p.s. that photo is awesome...sooo many kids!

sécia said...

I love how fearless children are. It amazes me.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Katie said...

My little 4, almost 5 year old didn't make the cutoff into kindergarten this year (late Sept. birthday), so another year of preschool for him starting tomorrow. Oops, I mean today. I am up late filling out some paperwork for the school that I forgot to bring them at Open House. He is excited, but I can tell also nervous. I have no fear for him, though. He will be a-ok...all the girls love him and his beautiful eyelashes, including the teachers. They love to take care of him. And he loves the attention, let me tell ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...