8.10.2011

Mudroom decisions...

interior
We're planning to re-install the mudroom soon, so I've been gathering ideas (I love pinterest). I keep returning to this image by photographer André Rider via Birch + Bird (originally from House & Home- September 2010 issue). Very minimal board and batten is the route we'll most likely take...oh, and black doors and storage, storage, storage. That porch beyond the door is also pretty fabulous. We have a fieldstone patio outside the mudroom door right now (you can see it in this photo), but it's crooked and slippery and I'm kind of obsessed with fixing it. The previous owners also left a wooden wine barrel full of weeds on the patio that I loathe (who knew it was possible to despise a wine barrel full of weeds?). Our plan is to spend the entire day outside today, so if you hear someone freaking out, it's probably just PRH going crazy because I went and ripped up our patio and hulked out on the wine barrel. Any mudroom suggestions out there?

10 comments:

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

If you're redoing the floor in there don't do any sort of peermeable surface with wide grout or textured tiles. . . pain in the heiney to clean!

Bonnie said...

I've just started a mudroom collection on pinterest too. It has pictures of mostly board and batten storage - you might like it :) http://pinterest.com/bonitachic/mud-room-inspiration/

cheryl.andrey said...

Maybe you can re-purpose the wine barrel into a rain water collector? It's a great way to keep water for gardening.

Mrsink said...

I'm pretty obsessed with mudrooms, because we don't have one of course. You guys are really hard at work!

Megan said...

We recently added a mudroom/laundry. We used slate tile for the floors, bead board for the walls (4' high), and capped it off with a peg rail. The peg rail is awesome - we can hang an insane amount of backpacks, bags, coats, etc. I've also got a basket hanging from one which holds seasonal stuff - goggles, sunscreen, etc. Can't wait to see pics of your progress!

itslikethiscat said...

the things i find most helpful in ours are hooks (as many as you can handle) and some sort of closed in shelving for all the stuff that gets dragged in/has nowhere to go but is not looking lovely. also, shoe storage is really underrated!

sécia said...

I LOVE mudrooms! White, white, white.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Rachel Ann said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/267616/basket-rack-how-to?&backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/mudroom-ideas#slide_9

I really love this storage/shelf/hook set up... the styling of the room isn't perfect... but the function of that unit is awesome!

mopar said...

I think I really messed up our mudroom. It was all bead board walls & ceiling. But it was insanely freezing, with plumbing, so we insulated and sheetrocked. Didn't entirely solve the problem, since the door and windows don't close properly. Plus water comes across the cement slab floor (apparently original to 1890s???). It's no longer cute, and still freezing. What to do?

LivingVintage said...

It seems it was "meant to be" that I found your blog. I love Three Potato Four, the Best Made Company, and I recently posted this exact photo to my Facebook page also because I love it so much. If you're still looking at mudroom ideas, take a look at mine: http://livingvintageco.com/2013/01/we-built-a-mudroom/.

Kind Regards,

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...