8.16.2011

I have a plan...

farmhouse
This photo of the farmhouse is just one photo from a huge pile left behind. It was taken in 1974, the year the previous owners, according to our new neighbor, purchased this house as a retirement home. He also told us that they loved to be outside and never had children. According to our deed, the house itself was built in 1880 and changed hands many, many times. I'll share a photo of the deed- it's amazing. Anyways, the point of showing this photo is that I think the house looks better without a railing. Here's a recent image from relatively the same angle with the railing. Looks are deceiving...the current railing isn't wood. The posts are, but the railing itself is plastic. I know that it was probably put it up as a result of local building codes and we don't want the kiddos to careen off the porch, but I have a plan. I have a plan...that seemingly simple phrase strikes terror in my husband's heart. Insert evil laugh here.

3 comments:

Beaner said...

I love old photos and homes with character...and yours is OOZING with it! I love your before and after, so inspiring! Also when I have plans or projects it also sends chills down my husbands spine...muhuhaha

April said...

Looking at old photographs is so much fun! I'm excited to see all the before and afters of your farmhouse. Best of luck!

Join Me At the Sweet Feet Shuffle Launch Party- August 18th!

Anna said...

I have a house with a similar looking railing done in wood. And, yes, I just finished painting it this morning (again, the second time in three years) because the wood doesn't wear well. I can see how railing-free sounds and looks pretty good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...