8.01.2011

Haven...

farmhouse renovation
I was going to share before and after photos today, but then I realized that it all only looks good to me. Everything is completely torn apart and the photos aren't exactly screaming progress (even though we are making serious progress). The move went relatively smoothly this weekend. Luckily, we had finished almost all of the painting on the 2nd floor so we were able to move boxes and furniture upstairs while we finish the 1st floor this week. Today is mudroom day, which I'm definitely not looking forward to. See that little addition on the back of the house? That's a small, uninsulated area that the previous owners used as a laundry room and general hang out room (many of the photos left behind are of them in this room). The walls and ceiling are covered in rotten and moldy 1970's wood paneling, and a small Harry-Potterish-closet (see below right) had become a haven for rats and squirrels. The smell is just awful! My brother is coming over today to sport a respirator and help PRH and I tear it out. Here are a few blurry photos...

farmhouse renovation
and here's an in-progress shot of the Potter closet tear out...

renovation
That's what I mean by not-so-impressive photos. :) Based on odor alone, we've made much progress. Three cheers for matching respirators!

8 comments:

Tangletree Interiors said...

I'm so jealous. The house looks (or I know it's gonna look :)) amazing. Looks idillic.

Mrsink said...

I'm glad the move went well. It looks like you're making progress, but whew! That room looks like a job and a half. I bet you're having a blast fixing it all up!

Amanda said...

I dont know about everyone else...but I am loving this every step of the way. So, impressive or not...please post away!

curlygirlpress said...

That feeling of progress must be amazing. Great work!

sécia said...

This space is just screaming potential. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Jaimie said...

Uninsulated? Home to rodents? Eeee. I do not envy you any of that.

On a side note, who leaves behind personal photos when they move? Just strange.

The Lady Nomad said...

Keep up the good work!!! I know first hand how frustrating renovations can be...

Jody McDowell said...

i know the feeling of making progress without really looking like you've done anything. the house is gorgeous! here's to fixing up old places :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...