8.26.2011

Dream job...


A few months ago, I mentioned that I was working on a big freelance project. Well, I'm thrilled to finally be able to tell you all about it. I made (and helped style) 12 Halloween costumes for the October issue of Parents magazine! I saw a slideshow of the photos for the first time yesterday and the kids look absolutely adorable!

As a long-time fan of Parents magazine, this was truly a dream job. Making the costumes was fun and the photo shoot was incredible (I dragged my dear friend Kris along to help...thanks, Kris!). We got to work with a really talented + amazing group, including Amanda Kingloff, Lifestyle Director at Parents; photographer, Frances Janisch; and makeup artist Noelle Marinelli (be sure to check out the photo of Miss Star...fabulous!). Photos and instructions for most of the costumes are on the Parents Magazine website. The issue will hit newstands on 9/13 and mailboxes on 9/4. Let me know what you think!



16 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Those costumes are so adorable! And they seem doable too, even for an extreme sewing novice like me. I especially loved the king & queen. I was just Pinteresting Halloween ideas so your timing is perfect! Great job.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

So cute from what I can see in the sneak peek- what a great project-

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

you did such an awesome job--and I subscribed to Parent Magazine just so I could see your work in print!

Dawn Trest said...

these are just adorable!!! You are amazing :)

Sara said...

Wow, congratulations! I love the ringmaster, so cute. I'm terrible at putting together costumes, but Ben is great at it ... every year he turns heads at the Bug Jar. Well, probably not this year ... :)

Mrsink said...

They are awesome!! You have so much talent. :)

The Belvedere said...

Congrats girl! How very exciting! I love the little ring master.

Jen Craun said...

LOVE the Royal family!!

curlygirlpress said...

What a fabulous project! The costumes here are too cute - the cowboy booted butterfly is to die for. Great job, Abbey!

tinyparticlesoflight@blogspot.com said...

That IS such a dream job! The costumes are so wonderful - Happy for you!

xo
Cortnie

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Wonderful!

Anna said...

I love the little blue boots in the 1st costume. These are all so cute. Great job! The royal family might be my favorite. Or the fox. Would it be bad if I used one of these for MY Halloween costume?

Angeline said...

Congrats! Adorable costumes! Loved your dining room featured on Design Sponge, as well! Your super amazing!

A Beautiful Party said...

these are wonderful! congratulatios, abby! doesn't it sound so awesome to say you make baby halloween costumes for a living? dream job for sure!

Belly Feathers said...

Congratulations, Abbey! These are fabulous, especially the ringmaster. Can't wait to check out the magazine!

Abbey said...

amazing! congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...