This weekend...

Thank you all for your sweet congratulatory messages!!! My friends, we are beyond thrilled to get started (or re-started) on the farmhouse renovation. Here's what we finished yesterday:
  • disgusting curtains down
  • cabinet hardware off
  • all carpeting out
  • all of the mirrored tiles are gone
  • the wood valance is gone in the kitchen (which, we discovered, was hiding the uneven window frame)
  • cabinets are cleaned and prepped for paint
  • bathroom linoleum is gone
  • the faux stone wall in the kitchen is down and prepped for installation of new wall today
Here's a look at PRH and my dad taking down the faux stone.

I was thrilled to see that taken out. We have lots of work ahead of us...we can't wait! Have a happy weekend and I'll see you on Monday! Don't forget to enter Shauna & Stephen's bow tie birthday giveaway.


kbluem said...

Thinking of you my lovely!!!

Amy said...

Congrats on your new house!
I have to admit I am a little envious, your new home looks amazing, all that beautiful land. I can't wait to see what you do to the inside.

Dana said...

Isn't it fun to dig in to a house project? If, in a few weeks, you have thoughts of "I wish this place would just burn down," don't worry. It is normal and it will pass!

sécia said...

WOW. What a great start! Glad to hear that mirrored wall is finito. ;)

♥ sécia

taylor elyse said...

so happy for you guys! so glad you finally got your dream house :) good luck!

sara said...

yaaaaaaaaaaay! what fun. i can't wait to eventually see the before and afters. i'm really impressed with your imagination and ability to see potential, because I would have seen that combo of faux-stone, linoleum, wood, and who knows what and ran in the other direction. amazing...so happy for you :)

frecklewonder said...

oh my goodness, so much fun!!!

here's hoping the extreme heat doesn't make it's way up to you... it is lethal down here!

can't wait to watch you guys work your magic on this place, i just know you are going to do amazing stuff!

chattykathy said...

So excited for you! Pace yourselves! I have lived in a great old house here in Maine. It's from 1840 and it's quite a handful! Remember to have some FUN in between the hard work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...