7.26.2011

A man in a blue suit...

renovation
This is what PRH has looked like for the last two days. I'm very sorry, folks...he's taken. Nothing looks better on a man than a blue paint suit, don't you agree? OK, maybe not. This is the face of DIY, people. All of the walls are painted and I spent yesterday and the day before scraping floors. What a job. Ewwww. There are wood floors throughout the entire farmhouse, but the catch is that each room has a different type of wood. The upstairs mostly appears to be pine (that's seen better days) and the downstairs floors are a combination of oak, maple, and pine. It's going to make for an interesting refinishing job tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted! 5 days in and we're almost finished with Phase I (don't tell PRH I'm calling it Phase I though...he may faint).

renovation
By next week we should be able to enjoy the gardens...

garden

9 comments:

frecklewonder said...

you guys are making such progress already!!!!!!! i'm impressed + inspired! can't wait to see those floors :)

missmash said...

wow, pedal to the metal, i love it! so did he spray all of the walls? i've painted many a house eyeball to toe and have never sprayed, have you all done that before? do you recommend it?

C. said...

Whoa, looks like hard work! But I know it'll all be worth it.

xo
Cortnie
http://tinyparticlesoflight.blogspot.com/

Roseanna said...

I think he looks hot! Mr. B. is always working on some project or other. I am so happy to have my personal implementer of my design ideas...you are making fabulous progress.

Kristen said...

So exciting!! You guys are on a roll, cant wait to see more pictures!

sécia said...

OMG. Seriously amazing what you guys are doing. Very impressive.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the floors! My mom's house has oak in the living room and pine through the rest, and I think the two types of wood (especially right beside each other) make it look more interesting.

leFiligree said...

yay! youre doing it. fresh paint and clean floors make all the difference. BTW i think mismatched authentic floors are cool. it's the house history.

Sarah Jane said...

I don't know...my man in his tool belt, black soccer shorts, black dress socks, and sandals might beat the blue suit for the sexy award! I'm kind of jealous at the progress you guys have made. Our house is such a wreck with little to no end in sight. But that's just the way renovations go! Your floors are going to be gorgeous and totally worth effort! Can't wait to see them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...