7.18.2011

Faker...

plant
plant
I've been trying really hard to keep my mind off this farm-buying holding pattern by...um, painting the pots of our fake plants. Too bad we only have two. Wait, did I just say too bad we only have two fake plants?! Ugh...just go ahead and unsubscribe. Things have gotten ridiculous in this joint. However, should you choose to ignore the fact that I'm a complete freak, I promise things will get better soon! Back to the plant: here's the before (that photographed much better than it looked in person). It was meant to look like terra cotta, but had a hideous greenish tinge that bothered me every time I looked at it (again, we're ignoring the fact that I'm a freak). I like the new version better and can always re-paint them later down the road. Plus, our fake plants are clearly thriving in their new painted pots, don't you agree?

8 comments:

kbluem said...

those look awesome and you are amazing!

Erin Lang Norris said...

Okay, so this is weird. This morning I woke up, looked at the weather and thought "ugh, 96 and rainy? what can i do inside...." and my answer was paint my plant pot.

But first I had to make blog rounds, of course. So I had to laugh when I saw this, because it's the same thing I have on my agenda for the day. Only my plant is real and I can't take it out of the pot so it's going to be kind of a bitch. Dang.

fiona said...

Totally normal. One of my resolutions this year was to buy a plant and not kill it. And where are we? Umm...July, and I am no further forward. I think I need more fake plants, since my trouble is I am probably more concerned with the pot than I am with the plant.

Leslie said...

I laughed about 17 times reading this post, you are so funny. But the whole farmhouse thing is not funny. Not laughing at that at all. But fake plants, yes. And the pots look great.

Juniper Grace said...

Your sense of humor clearly hasn't been lost... so let's rejoice in the fact that no matter how frustrating things can get at least they can't have your funny bone! It will be ok I just know it! And those plants sure look happy to me :)

mooi hoor... said...

Oh Look! One of them is growing a feather. He must be content.

Paulette said...

You make me want fake plants. And that's saying something... When you come visit, you can paint my pots for my real plants so no one notices that they're always on the verge of dying from a me-inflicted drought....

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

:) Thanks, everyone! Glad to know I'm not the only fake plant lover out there. :)
x,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...