6.13.2011

Thanks + farmhouse renovations...

renovation
I wanted to start this week with a HUGE thank you for your sweet comments, messages, and well-wishes. EZ E has been doing really well (no more seizures so far), our garden looks better than it has in a while, and we had a productive, but relaxing weekend. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support!

In farm news, things have finally started to get back on track. We're headed over there in a few minutes to help my brother get ready to put on a new roof (if you're in the Ithaca/Binghamton area, he's an excellent contractor...email me for his contact info- hownowdesign [at] yahoo [dot] com). Last time we were at the farm, we used one of the 7000 brooms we found to prop open the front door and let some air in. That poor house is stinky! Lucky for you, the internet doesn't have a way to link to smell (yet). Here's what we're dealing with as far as the kitchen floors go...

renovation
Hardwood floors under layers and layers of yuck (I think that's the technical term). But here's why it's all going to be worth it...

renovation
renovationThe image directly above is from the driveway. We can't wait to get in there and actually enjoy it. Oh, and I can't wait to say goodbye to that old, green roof this week. More yuck.

********************************************************************************

Thanks to circle & sprout for sponsoring this post.


12 comments:

april said...

Will you be painting the barn a dreamy black color like all the other barn pictures you posted a while ago?

val said...

wow. you've just made owning a farmhouse a new dream of mine. i'm sure it's going to be amazing once you're done with it.

Julie Wasson said...

I mentioned before that we don't live too far from each other. If you ever need a hand or a diversion let me know. I live in Rochester. Your farm is beautiful. It's on my 5 year plan to live in such a place.

sécia said...

So cool!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

nicki said...

i'm so excited for you!! and a wee bit envious...

jen said...

We had a floor like that in our old farmhouse...buried under sticky, mucky stuff. We were given the advice to use "DIFF" wallpaper paste remover and a scraper...and you know it actually worked, and came out beautifully afterwards. Good Luck!

abigail said...

amazing! I am so jealous.

sosser said...

yes, wow!

Brooke said...

Just one word! WOW! good for you. xo

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks so much, everyone! We're SO excited.

April- We're definitely planning to paint the barn a dreamy black color. :) Roof first...paint second.

Come live with us, Nicki! :)

Thanks for the tip, Jen! I'm going to give it a try. :)
x,
A

Joetta M. said...

so sorry hon. I am sure he will be just fine but oh so scary. Congrats to you and Phil on the house it looks amazing. I cannot wait to see what you 2 creative genius's do with it.
love ya.

Jessica Hume said...

We re-finshed 102 year old hardwood floors in April, and I thought our were pretty bad, but I think you may have me beat. But they'll be so, so lovely and cool and smooth beneath your feet...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...