6.02.2011

Ten minutes of cute...

cupcakes
EZ E's fourth birthday was a smashing success, with one exception...the cupcakes I made. Since the carnival is in town (directly behind our house, mind you), I used cotton candy as a loose theme for EZ E's little party. I had seen this image and thought it would be cute to put dabs of cotton candy on each cupcake. And it was cute! What I failed to consider was the fact that it was 90 degrees yesterday. I walked away from adorable cupcakes, only to find this upon my return ten minutes later...

cupcakes
Shriveled and decidedly not cute. Word to the wise, cotton candy and heat don't mix. I'll share more photos later.

6 comments:

chrissy said...

oops-see-doo! an honest mistake. i'm sure the cupcakes were great anyway.

xoxo
http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

Mo Pie, Please said...

Wowzers the cupcakes and rock candy are making me drool!

sécia said...

AWE. Such a cute idea too!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Rambling Renovators said...

Shriveled cotton candy is still pretty cute. Hope it was a great party!

Laurendy said...

thanks for the heads up - I was planning on using cotton candy at a baby shower in July (in south Florida). I never thought about how the heat would effect it.

leFiligree said...

oh nooooooo! but totally funny. wasn't it one of those bonding moments where everyone sees the effort you put into it, and what a great idea it could have been, and it breaks the ice and everyone hugs?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...