6.23.2011

For the birds...

farmhouse
Every day brings something new at the farmhouse. We were wandering around the orchard (there are fruit trees all over the property) and found this handmade bird house. It's nailed to a tall piece of wood that's rather cleverly (or oddly) strapped to a telephone pole using a bungee cord...

farmhouse
These metal numbers are on the back of the telephone pole. I want to take them down and squirrel them away somewhere, but all I can imagine is being arrested for stealing 6 metal numbers off a telephone pole in our yard. Yeah, I know...I'm such a chicken.

farmhouse
In other news, I'm feeling much better today. Thank you all for your well-wishes. I know that so many of you spend a lot of time doing the same thing...burn the candle at both ends. I think yesterday was my body's way of saying, "Slow it down, lady!". EZ E's sweet little BFF is in town from Florida, so we spent a few hours with our dear friends last night and I feel recharged. Sometimes I spend so much time planning and working that I forget to settle down and enjoy what (and whom) I'm really working for. Do you ever do that?

7 comments:

Alexandra said...

Don't remove the numbers! They're what the electric company uses to identify poles if there's ever a problem.

The farmhouse is lovely, I've been enjoying reading your posts about it. My husband and I also just bought a house that we are renovating, although we are city mice so it's not quite as charming as yours. :) Good luck!

C. said...

Glad you're feeling better - the farmhouse is lovely. What an awesome dream come true! I have the same dream for my family but our farmhouse is somewhere in the San Joaquin Valley of California waiting for us to find it. :)

Holly said...

I freakin do that ALL THE TIME. My husband calls me hurricane Holly because I am always so busy doing, working, getting stuff done that I blow right past some of the best parts of the day...which is why I sometimes just let everything go for days at a time and just dig deep into just being--being with my family, being at home, being here right now. Sounds like that is what you need some of.

mooi hoor... said...

glad to read you feel better! Hmmm...those numbers. Very tempting indeed....

sosser said...

i love following along as you make all of these discoveries... it is truly a pleasure to enjoy your renovations vicariously - without doing any of the work or worrying :)

Janee Lookerse said...

Wow what a fun find! I'd totally rip those numbers down! Hahahah.

xoxo
Janee

A Craig said...

I'm trying to catch up on the blog before I call you so I have a clue as to what you've been up to!! Um, I'm really behind. Almost 2 months later...we enjoyed spending time with you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...