6.07.2011

Farmhouse lighting...

kitchen
Over the weekend, I went to an estate sale with my parents and picked up four vintage enamel shades. I spent $17 on all four, but as soon as I bought them I thought, "How are we going to hang these?!". Enter Rejuvenation...they're now offering restored enamel shades and the shades I bought happen to be identical to this fixture (image directly below). I was thinking about the image above (found via pinterest via kitchenisms via decor 8 via Swedish Elle Interior magazine). Those glass cabinets are a far cry from these hideous monsters, but a coat of paint will have to do for now. I think the pendants are a step in the right direction though. What do you think?

lighting
lighting
lighting

9 comments:

bklopst said...

Great pendants and quite a bargain!

anika said...

they are all really great looking! i particularly like the first green one. elegant lines.

Paulette said...

Love the pendants, and think they'll look great w/ some version of Edison bulbs. I think they do light kits at the hardware store for hanging lights now, don't they? Or you might be able to order cheap pendants from IKEA and swap out their plastic shades for your awesome ones. xo

jandjhome said...

Awesome finds. I love the idea of these lights in a farmhouse.

Ms. Givens said...

Awesome!

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

So, how exactly are you going to hang them?

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

By the way, if you need a source for cloth-covered wire, here's one: www.sundialwire.com/

agnes szucs said...

awesome kitchen! i kinda love everything rustic.

agnes / iiiinspired

bathroom lighting said...

The pendants are all great for a farmhouse. Most likely the green one. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...