6.29.2011

A bad plan...

kaj franck
Last weekend, PRH and I loaded up my old navy blue wagon with bags and bags of stuff for the thrift store. I was so proud of myself! So very proud of myself...until Kicky, EZ E and I decided to take a *quick look* around the thrift store when we were dropping off said bags and bags of stuff. Bad plan! Isn't it always those days when you know you really shouldn't be thrifting that you find the best stuff ever?! Um, yeah. Case in point, a flipping Kaj Franck enamel bowl with hearts for $1.50. What?! Hang on, I just died for a minute.

kaj franckOK, I'm back. We also found an adorable vintage metal lunch box...

thrifted
and a wood clock. Be still my minimalist heart...

thrifted
Kicky found a vintage Fisher Price dog that she wouldn't let go long enough to photograph and EZ E came home with a 25 cent Garfield book from the 1980's. I'm getting them started young. We spent less than $5 for everything, so don't worry...guilt isn't going to kill me at any moment. Let's change the subject, shall we? While I was packing my studio, I found these gigantic paper birds that PRH and the kiddos gave me for mother's day. I don't think I ever shared them and they're too lovely not to share, right?

paper birds
paper birds
paper birds
Have you bought anything lately that you shouldn't have? Spill it!

12 comments:

Francesca said...

what??!!! i won't tell you how much my kaj franck bowl cost me, but it was a lot more than that! good thrifting lady! x

Maxabella said...

How can you find so much loveliness on one little visit! That is just amazing and I love every single piece (although I confess I had never heard of Kaj Franck or his/her enamel bowls...) x

Paulette said...

I've developed an undying affection for craft show pottery, sigh. And on Friday, I'm pretty sure I'm heading to my favorite thrift store--where I haven't been for about a year!--sooooo I expect inappropriate purchases galore! Sigh...and hurray!

Abby said...

Wow! Amazing Kaj Franck score!

Steve Baker said...

prh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduran_Revolutionary_Party
???

good blog, but occasionally puzzling

Audrey said...

So Jealous! I looked for the better part of a year for my Kaj Franck bowl until I gave in and bought it off Ebay. You have no idea how green that makes me!
The wooden clock is fantastic as well. Well done!

April said...

You speak the truth when you say that the times you run into a thrift store for a quick look, is the time you have the most luck! unfortunately thats usually the time I am also pinching pennies but somehow still walk out with a bag full.

I love that bowl!

Holly said...

We need more books like we need a hole in the head but somehow we always come home with more every time we visit the thrift store--my son's book collection alone is verging on requiring a library-like reading room.

But that bowl? Wow. Worth the guilt, I should think.

sécia said...

Those finds are amazing! I want to thrift where you do.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

pinkshirtsandcarwrecks said...

a thrifter's dream haul! score!!

d r e w said...

that bowl and those birds are amazing! some days the thrifting gods are with you!

Gracie Chase said...

I have just finally caught up on all the events regarding the farmhouse and boy does it look like PARADISE! I am SO happy for you guys! xoxoxox alisia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...