5.06.2011

This weekend...

wooden horse
When PRH got home from work early yesterday (I love the end of the semester), I ran to a local antique store to find mother's day gifts for our moms. I ended up coming home with the perfect gifts for my mom, absolutely nothing for PRH's mom, and this carved wooden horse...for me! So, I guess that means that I'll be spending part of the weekend looking for a gift for my mother-in-law. PRH has to grade all weekend, but our favorite local ice cream shop just opened it's doors, so I'm hoping he'll be willing to take a break for mint chocolate chip fabulousness. Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Have a beautiful weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

7 comments:

Paulette said...

The horse is great! I'm about to head out to my local thrift store to see what there is to see. I love my flex Fridays!

Happy happy mother's day!

Uhm, it seems to be an exclamation point type of day so here's an ellipsis for balance... :-)

Elizabeth said...

So I'm not the only one with a little collection of the colorful bread tie thingys? Good to know.

Brooke said...

I came across your blog earlier today and I can't stop reading it!!! I LOVE it! You are a creative inspiration!!! I have taken notes on many things so thank you!! Do you sell the carrot boutonniere? I just joined your blog because I don't want to miss anything! :)I would love to have you check out my blog too if you get a chance.
http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com/
Happy Mother's Day to you!! Brooke

katemakes said...

The horse is pure pony love. The bread ties kill me. My grandmother was a total minimalist - she led a well curated life with only beautiful, good quality things she loved. I was so delighted to find her huge stash of colourful bread ties. Like finding twinkies in the cupboard of a pastry chef.

Amy said...

Happy Mother's day to you!! I hope you have a splendid day.

April said...

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/interior-design/colorful-stairs-stencils-chromatic-paint-and-more-145784?image_id=2502786

I didn't know where else to post this, but I couldn't help but to think of you when I saw these gorgeous staircases!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thank you all so much! I hope you enjoyed your mother's day!

Elizabeth- Lisa Congdon collects them too! :) I found a lot of my bread ties at a yard sale several years ago for a quarter. It was a sale at an old lady's house and she was shocked that I wanted them. :)

April- I LOVE those stairs and I pinned them as soon as I saw them. Can't wait to have a set of stairs to try it out on. :)
x,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...