4.01.2011

Confirming dorkiness...

dorky home decor
Some days I have to work really hard to reign in my complete and utter dorkiness. Yesterday, when I put our blanket through the back of the chair like this, I was SO excited that I almost yelled for PRH to come look. The following imaginary conversation that quickly played itself out in my head is what kept me from sharing:
    Me (yelling to PRH from the living room): Hey, hon! Come check this out!!!
    PRH (the look of anticipation on his face totally genuine): What? What's up?
    Me: Check *this* out. Look at the blanket! Pretty awesome, right?!
    PRH (anticipation replaced with confusion): The blanket?
    Me (grinning with oblivious dorkiness): The blanket. Look how it fits right into the chair! So awesome. Three cheers for comfortable minimalism, right?!
    PRH (lukewarm + not impressed): Um...yeah awesome.
    Me: Well, OK....come on. I can't be the *only one* who thinks this is awesome!
    PRH: I'm not so sure, hon...you could very well be.
Phew! Thank goodness for imaginary conversations. Now PRH won't ever suspect that he's married to such a dork, right?

9 comments:

Mrsink said...

Ok, completely hilarious and I can totally relate! It's the little things, right! :)

Colleen said...

Well....I think it looks great. My DH would smile and humor me....patient, but obvious.

You really need those play stands. They are pirate ships, forts, houses, puppet theaters, room/play space dividers....you name it! There are lots of places that sell them, if you want to buy local, call your nearest Waldorf school for people making them.

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

Your imaginary conversation sounds like an actual conversation C and I had about my recent table find. And then I get disappointed with the lukewarm "Uh huh" response. I should do them in my head so C doesn't have to actually hear it all.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Is IS the little things. :) Ha ha! I'm totally going to check out those play stands- I think PRH could make some- he's a handy guy. :) I wish we had local Waldorf people, but alas...rural NY. Montessori is about as close as it gets- and forget about finding a Reggio Emilia school. :) Oh well. I'll just have to be Waldorf on my own. :)
xo,
Abbey

oversewn said...

Abbey - I love you blog and that you have the cajones to post your interanal dorky conversations. I wish I could just embrace my dorkiness as well. And convos around mid-cent furniture is always okay, right?

Eartha Kitsch said...

Oh! So we're only supposed to IMAGINE these conversations? My husband would thank you for cluing me in! I usually do the thing where I take him into a room and say, "Do you see anything different?" He usually doesn't and I get all frustrated. That said, I admire how that blanket works on that chair. Good show!

Anna said...

I do the same thing.... when I clean the microwave, when I take a perfect picture of the dog, when I make the bed...

Leslie said...

Where is that chair from? It looks right up my alley. And I like your blanket idea too :)

Lisa K said...

Oh, jeez, this made me laugh. You are not alone. My two teenagers think I'm completely bonkers.

In a good way of course.

Love all of the rainbows on your blog lately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...