3.28.2011

A visit from the minimalist easter bunny...

minimalist easter
My parents watched Kicky and EZ E this weekend so PRH and I could work on some major projects that we have to finish up this week (more on those later). Since I have zero time between now and easter, one of my tasks was pulling together easter baskets for the kiddos. This year's rabbit is most certainly a minimalist with her black metal buckets, metallic eggs, and minimal amount of candy. In my the rabbit's defense, one of the things that makes me crazy about holidays like easter is all of the waste! We'll definitely use these buckets again, the eggs can be stashed away for next year, and the goodies inside are all things I know Kicky and EZ E will actually play with. I used a magnet to attach the cardboard 'e' and used cloth napkins instead of plastic or paper grass. Here's a look...

minimalist easter
Not much handmade (what's that saying about the cobbler's children???), but there's still time to make a few little surprises before easter...

minimalist easter
I couldn't resist this weirdo. EZ E's going to think it's hilarious...

minimalist easter
Here's where everything is from:I found all of the other little odds and ends at our favorite local toy store, The Laughing Place, but here are the brand names for those who don't live in or around Owego...Any rabbits out there bringing/making something fabulous? Share your recommendations!

10 comments:

Gisela said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the little people most of all. And the fact that amidst all the pastel world of Easter you went with black!

RachelDenbow said...

It's fantastic! I love the idea of making super hero dolls, too!

I bought a few packs of those wooden people from Joann's after Christmas thinking I could do a little Nativity set for next year but I may need to go find some more for Ruby's dollhouse now. THANK YOU FOR BEING SO WILDLY CREATIVE!

Chloe Lees said...

Beautiful! I love the cloth napkin idea - that grass has always driven me crazy. The wooden figures are awesome, as is the Playmobil (I still pick up the catalogue when I can) ;)

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, Gisela! I thought I might be going minimalist overboard. :)

Rachel- EZ E is so in love with super heros right now. Is S? Perfect for Ruby's dollhouse. :) Thank you for your sweet compliment, my friend.

Chloe- thanks! I figured either we could use the napkins or they could use them with their play kitchen. That easter grass is such a pain!
x,
Abbey

myworldofcuriosite said...

Love them peg figures! Hilarious! I should really start preparing for Easter myself, too. Thanks for sharing these inspiring little ideas.

Amy said...

Awesome--the colors, the usefulness, the lack of icky plastic grass, everything. I'm getting busy pronto, so that I don't succumb to the pastel, wasteful yuck at the last minute. You are so inspiring!

gabricci said...

Did the Easter bunny get confused with Halloween?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

gabricci- um, no. I guess I don't think that it's a requirement for easter baskets to be pastel and saccharine. Thanks for asking though. :)

Connie Krebs said...

I just bought some cute unpainted wooden butterflies and dragonflies from a seller on Etsy called GooseGreasedUndone. My kids love painting wooden things like mama! I am also making some pretty felt masks, bubblegum necklaces, jelly bean soap (SunBasilGarden on Etsy), and some other handmade goodies!

habitpattern said...

loving everything about this, but i especially love that you went with black!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...