3.21.2011

Print geek...

printmaking
Last week was the Southern Graphics Printmaking Council conference in St. Louis, so I wanted to take a minute today to give a shout out to my printmaking people. Yes, that's right...Aesthetic Outburst is written by a long-time print geek. Didn't you sense it all along? I digress. My dear Ms. Hetzel told me that ya'll are out there reading this little old blog and I'm sad that I missed you last week. I'm super jealous that you all went to SGC while I stayed home, wiped baby bottoms, and almost cried about frozen puff paint. I'm also jealous that I missed a killer party at Tom Huck's. The word on the street is that a huge number of beer cans were smashed on a huge number of heads. Good times. If I start practicing today, I should be able to build up enough of a callus on my forehead to be able to smash a beer can on it in one try. Meet you in New Orleans next year?

*I took this photo at SGC 2009- you can see more dark photos here. This piece is by Aristotle Georgiades. *

7 comments:

flux biota. said...

i missed the party this year. I've seen some of the art, fabulous stuff.

Jenna said...

love this!

susan heggestad said...

I hear you - new baby makes it hard to go play with my print peeps. Not that I could afford it, anyway...

a said...

there was also a party bus. bring your own whiskey.

Abbigail said...

I am a silent reader and also a print geek. I was hoping to attend SGC but broke my foot. Not sure if I would have made it even with a decent foot because of my two tykes at home. Hoping for New Orleans and crushing beer cans as well. ;)

Laura. said...

omg, new orleans?! since going in 2006 (it was in my own state, for heaven's sake), i haven't been back to an sgc. but i've been looking for an excuse to go to new orleans, so maybe i'll start a piggy bank. NOW. even though it would take a lot of beer for me to crush a can on my forehead with a bunch of strangers.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Let's all go next year! Will the party bus pick us all up? Laura, Abbigail and I can get you up to speed on the beer can crushing. :) Susan, bring the babe and crash Jeff's room. We brought the kiddos to Chicago a couple of years ago- it was only a little insane.
x,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...