3.03.2011

Handmade birthday...

handmade card
handmade card
We have a lot of birthdays on PRH's side during the months of February and March (six, to be exact), so we've had a lot of parties to attend. We needed a birthday card for our ten-year-old niece the other day and I pulled this together. After Valentine's Day, I scooped up a bunch of felt hearts on the cheap. I used some cardboard text to trace the letters onto felt (you could also print out text on your printer), cut out the letters, and then tacky glued them to the heart. Then, again with tacky glue, I added a pocket on the back and slipped in some cold, hard cash (the pencils were just to give you an idea of scale). She thought it was cute, she was happy with the cash, and I was happy not to have to stop at the store with two babies in tow.

5 comments:

cArLa said...

you inspire me to make so many handmade things... just spent the last hour reading some of your blog posts! have a great week! xoxo, carla

Betsy B. Honest said...

Good idea. Kids love cash. I like to tuck an age appropriate amount of cash into a kid's birthday card as in two dollars for a two year old, 5 bucks for a five year old, etc.

Anna said...

ummmm will you be my aunt? (the cool, young, fun, aunt of course) and make me kick ass birthday cards? i'll remind you in july ;)

linds.eliz said...

Um, that is the coolest idea ever!
May I steal? :)

linds.eliz@ 413

kelly ♥ said...

I don't even know how you get as much done as you do with 2 babies. I can barely get anything done with just one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...